Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Chicken Spaghetti

from the Pioneer Woman Cooks

  • 2 cups Cooked Chicken, Shredded
  • 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces (measure 3 cups after the pieces are broken. It was hard to get it exact, so I probably had closer to 3 1/2 cups)
  • 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup (I used 1 crm of chicken and 1 crm of mushroom. She says whatever you have is fine)
  • 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • ¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
  • ¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
  • 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained ( I only bought 5 jars for all the massive amounts I made – use as little or much as you like)
  • 2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot (I probably only used 1 c. Once you have everything else mixed together, but before it is in the pan, start adding broth a little at a time until it is moist and easy to stir, but not soupy.)
  • 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
  • ⅛ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preparation Instructions
Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked (drain and rinse), combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar. SAVE BROTH FROM SPAGHETTI to use in the casserole as needed.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

No comments:

Post a Comment