Thursday, May 12, 2016

Barbecue Beef- Virginia Johnson

15 lbs of roast beef feeds about 60 people and uses 2 qts of sauce.
I roast my beef and then it cool completely.  Then slice it very thin
I use a 5 qt. ice cream bucket and put a layer of sauce then a layer of beef, etc.
If I’m doing it in advance then I freeze it.  When I want to use it I put it into a
Slow cooker and heat it. It worked well that way for taking it to the mountain.
  

Bar-B-Q- Sauce
½ cup oil
1 onion   I like to grind it to help make sauce smooth
1 clove garlic  ground
1 Quart Catsup
½ cup Vinegar
A little sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, Chili powder, Paprika.
Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until clear. 
Add Catsup, vinegar, and spices  and let simmer 10 - 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment